8 June 2014

Carnival of Subcultures


We had a blast yesterday at the infamous squat Köpi, where a little alternative DIY fest "Carnival of Subcultures" was held (while a Carnival of Cultures in the center of the city took place).
Boris played with Totenwald and we all enjoyed free food and drinks afterwards, saw some crazy monster bicycle show and just hung out to (not to my taste) punk music that was generally fun.
Linking this to the previous post, we´ve managed to have a little festival of our own ;)

The best part of the whole event was the random wasted guys we saw on occasions, and those little surprising things like a dog on the stage:




The monster bike show was the best part! There is a whole crew of these people customizing and diy-ing their own bicycles. They were doing a battle all together- until the last bike stood standing! It was hilarious. Boris and I agreed that the´re all looked like post apocalyptic bikers, in a time where technology has been destroyed after a massive nuclear war, and people were forced to use bicycles as the only way of transportation, riding in gangs to protect themselves from other savages like themselves. Sounds like a pretty good scenario for a sci-fi fiction, you are welcome to use it if you like XD




In the background of the bike show there was a some sort of musician playing what seemed like a disintegrated electric guitar on a table, which he was hitting with a drum stick, and with the other hand hitting a (real) drum. It was quite the noise he was making, it sounded like some Einstürzende Neubauten music, which was awesome! It really felt like doomsday.


There were some nice stands of patches and shirts, and I´ve managed to find some nice finds there:

 The shirt would sure be embarrassingly amusing XD

We hung out with friends all day, drunk a few beers and I smoked a bit (shh, don´t tell!).
We were about to go home when this happened:

I had way too much fun with this crane...
Hope you are having a fucked up weekend as well! Finished with my 5 page essay at last I am going to continue to other homework.

N. Finsternis

9 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome day! Those bikes are super cool! Makes me miss my vintage Schwinn I used to ride around. And your hair is getting long and crazy awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it was great, i can´t imagining ruining such a cool diy bike in a battle :D
      and thank you!! Maybe I´m close to having long blonde hair like planned

      Delete
  2. Man, it looks like you're having fun even outside of WGT. And I agree - your hair is fair growing (mine is getting ridiculous; if you can think of a safe for work style let me know). Hope the rest of your summer is just as good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope my hair survives to waist length with all the bleaching. The only advice I can give when comes to hair it CUT IT! Nothing like the satisfaction of cutting hair that looks bad. you can dye it as well if you want XD

      Delete
    2. God, I know; my hair needs so badly cut that I don't even care what style it is.

      Delete
  3. The whole carnival looks amazing! I love that third picture from the end of this post, you guys are so beautiful and happy-looking. :D This is truly a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you both had a blast :D. the bicycle battle looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete