23 January 2014

A Fabulous Picture

Last weekend Boris and I visited one of the best alternative events in Berlin!
Unofficially that is, but it sure felt like one. In honor of the Berlin Fashion Week (aren´t fashion weeks like, at summer?) there was a queer/ alternative event going on, named Style! It! Takes!, featuring art, fashion and live performances!
The music was absolutely awesome, post punk at it´s best played by our favorite DJ ever, Steve Morell. The atmosphere was really nice there, thanks to the various kinds of people walking around looking damn good! Drag queens, high fashion somethings, hipsters, gawths... it felt so special!

As expected, there were prof. photographers around and guess who didn´t miss the chance to pose around:.

Photo taken by Atelier ´et Lux´


Boy, I should have my outfits photographed like this every day! ;)
I just can´t get enough of those pictures of me and Boris, we´ve never had such successful shots together all thanks to the lovely and talented photographers!!

I´ve managed to balance the glamour by burning my winter coat against the oven that warmed the entire venue. There wasn´t any fire going on, yet the right side of the fabric is rugged and hard thanks to me being.... me.

Fun Fact: Boris´ blue jacket was actually his grandfather´s R.I.P, which was altered to Boris´ measurements by his mother a couple of years ago. Boris says that if his memory isn´t mistaken, his grandfather actually brought the jacket from a trip to Berlin he has had. Funny that it came back to the same city, now by his grandson :) several people have complimented Boris on it!

I was also happy to find out that the beautiful organizer of the event has a blog dedicated to it. You can check it out for more photos: Style! It! Takes! Blog.

Closing the event was the insane performance of Näd Mika. I want to see her again so much!!

The uncensored version of the vid was shown at the event! You can watch it on vimeo here!

N. Finsternis

13 comments:

  1. Great pictures of you guys! I have found that outfit photos come out a lot better when you position the camera waist high, not so that the person taking the photo holds it on level with their head. You get much nicer proportions on waist level!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are absolutely right, somehow the body looks proportionate when the camera is waist high, lower or higher makes things look weird.

      Delete
  2. Wow, those are such good photos! I aspire to take outfit photos that good. Your outfits are wonderful - Boris always styles himself so well, and you look so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Maria for this nice and personal review of my event! Great pictures, love them too!!! :-) I'm still working on all my photo stories of this amazing night... so keep following our blog, it get's more and more impressions of this unforgettable, beautiful and crazy STYLE! IT! TAKES! # 4
    Thank you so much for being a very lovely part of it - and hope to see you both again! :-* ♥

    p. s.: Everybody interested and having the chance to come to Berlin, STYLE! IT! TAKES! # 5 will happen in July 2014 during the summer Berlin Fashion Week again! :-) So stay tuned to our blog...

    http://style-berlin.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kersten!!!! Yes it was indeed a top event, I wish myself that such great collaborations would happen more often!! really everything was great!
      Can´t wait for the next Style It Takes!!

      Delete
  4. Those pictures of you guys are so lovely! I wish I could be that photogenic! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, thank you!! It only takes some selfie practice to know your best angle ;)

      Delete
  5. great pics!! you guys look amazing!! great to hear you had so much fun!
    x

    veruzkas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey movie stars! looking fabulous! your boy has killer style too!

    ReplyDelete