14 August 2013

Monowelt + Gruftschlampen - A Night of Dark Waves and Sounds

Remember this post, about  a new cold wave band happening to form somewhere in the cold days of Winter?
Well, this weekend was their first concert! Monowelt, a cold wave [darkwave? Lebanon Hanover inspired?] duo consisting of both of my beloved friends have finally played their music live, after we were all anticipating their first debut for half a year. I was so excited I felt like I was on stage.
But I wasn't, hence I contributed to this event by taking pictures, of course :)
Together with Monowelt performed our lovely friends, the Gruftschlampen, who were great and spooky as always, with an awesome live act, very theatrical and full of artificial mist!

The most remarkable thing about the concert [among the music of course] was the crowd. I've never seen so many people in my entire life coming to see a band who has no facebook page yet, nothing recorded online, not to mention that concert was supposed to be private [I still have no idea what that actually meant].
There were like 50 people there, some of them I believe came just because of pure interest. Boy, in Israel one could piss himself wishing to see so many people on one's fifth concert, after loads of promotions which would eventually fail because people in Israel.... well never mind, I don't want to load you with my loath to the country I've left. Let's just say that I wish this rate of audience to anyone who's trying to make his way in the subculture.

Alas, the pics. My outfit for the night would serve for the next post. Don't want to overload you with pictures.




 


Monowelt:







More pictures can be found on my Facebook page.

I had a great time, the music was awesome, haunting and at some point depressing in the perfect amount! I can't wait for Monowelt to open their official page so I could link it here :)

And to prevent my future posts from being copies of previous, I shall list here for you the posts I would make in the near future:
- My outfit for Monowelt + Gruftschlampen concert
- The Goth Challenge [which I am eager to get over with]
- The black metal discovery and how I find it goth related

Have a great week everyone! I hope that you're enjoying the cool Summer days which are being gifted to Europe these days. I wish for it to be chilly wherever it is that you live!

N. Finsternis

2 comments:

  1. these are really great photos of the band, btw. You've got a great eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It really means a lot you don't know how much!!!

      Delete