1 May 2013

The Symbols That I Wear

I would like to share here the symbols I usually wear or have been wearing for many years ever since I've been into goth.
Today is Beltane, one of the Wiccan Sabbats, the first representing the Spring. Fortunately I had time to go back to practicing Wicca again, this made me so happy, so I figured today would be a nice day for such a post.

Lets begin:

I wanted to put here the picture of my first Ankh that I've told you about in my previous post, but I had none on my computer. I searched the webs and found a picture of the type of Ankh I used to wear:


I liked how it had the Celtic ornaments to it and the black circle in the middle always looked perfect to me. I still have this Ankh but I've stopped wearing it because the metal turned all black so you could barely see the details and it irritated my skin as well.

Story Time: the decay of the metal and the skin irritation began when I was 15, almost half a year after I bought the necklace. Since the sweaty Summer of that time I've stopped wearing this necklace because it made me itch. However, I've decided to put it back on when I went to a party in November. I recall that a fellow classmate asked me how come I wear my Ankh again? Didn't it bother my skin for a while? I explained to her that I wore the necklace on a sweater, and that after a long time I at least could wear it in Winter. At that party I also met Boris for the first time.


This was my second Ankh. I don't remember where I bought it, but it was cheap that's for sure. I still wear it till this day, it looks great. I believe it is about 3 years old now.


The Special necklace. In 2009 Boris and I went to Berlin for the first time. He bought me this sword like necklace from a jewelry stand in Alexander Platz, where you wouldn't want to buy anything because it's so expensive and made to attract tourists. I don't remember how much it costed, but I brought it with me When we moved to Berlin in January, as a "coming back" gesture.


My first Pentagram. I bought it for cheap at a "gothic" shop in Haifa, the city where I lived in Israel. I bought it with my dear friend Igal. I could allow myself to wear a Pentagram because I finally understood what this symbol meant for me. I was also interested in Witchcraft and Wicca at that time, and Igal kind of drew me to it. I think I was 19 or 20...


The Gothic Cross. I don't wear it as much, it is mainly Boris' special party accessory. He found it in a flea market in one of our fun trips to Tel Aviv. We bought it for pennies basically, I think it was like 1 Sheckel, less than a Euro. I hope you could see the little Jesus guy hanging on there. I don't know what kind of Christianity stream this type of Cross belongs to, and frankly I don't care. I always loved Crosses just because they had the most basic shape any human would understand. If you draw random lines on the ground you would eventually draw a cross in any way or another. That's why I always sympathized the symbol, because of it's subconscious meaning to the human kind. religion had absolutely nothing to do with it.


My Pentacle. I found it also at a flea market for pennies along with the tar earrings at the end of this post. I loved it the first second I saw it. I just love the black filling and the silver outlines. This necklace always looked old and mysterious to me.


The new necklace!! I found it this Sunday at a children's fair [!]. I was so enchanted by it, not only because it embraced my 2 favorite symbols, but also because it costed only 1 Euro! I love this one so much, it really means a lot to me ever since I bought it. I had a good time coming back to Wicca after I bought it. Maybe it was a sign, who knows.


The Cross earring is basically one of my favorite pieces of jewelry that I ever owned. I made this earring out of a necklace I bought in Israel at a mainstream super cheap jewelry store. Since I felt weird wearing it as a necklace, hence wearing crosses is always being associated as being Christian in Israel, I made an earring out of it, because it is so freaking cool to wear a cross earring. I did it like 2 years ago, and back then nobody was wearing crosses for earrings. So it had a special feeling to it I guess. By the way, I make most of my earrings myself.


Along with the black Pentacle these earrings came. I bought them at the same flea market as separate pieces and made the into earring at home. I love the witchy feeling to them, but sometimes I feel weird wearing matching earrings, I am so not used to it!

Considering special symbolic jewelry that's it. If you guys would be interested I can also include the rest of my gothicly inclined jewelry.
All those years I had a very special concept- I searched for interesting pieces for real cheap. I wore keys for earrings for years, pieces that I found on the ground and made into a jewelry etc. I never bought something expensive online or went to special gothic shops.
I hope you enjoyed.
Have a great rest of the week!

+ Nebel Violet +

2 comments:

  1. thats like the coolest flea market ever! all my local flea markets sell stolen car stereos and brooms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them at really different flea markets. Especially in Israel it's really hard to find a normal one, so it was basically one find per year or something!
      No flea markets in NY? Can't be!

      Delete